WHAT IS MICROBLADING?
Microblading is the process of implanting pigment beneath the surface of the skin using a small, sterile, disposable needle to create realistic hair strokes to mimic the way your brows grow naturally. This does NOT look like make up. For those wanting to achieve the look of make up, I recommend combo brows.
HOW DO I BOOK?
Call Frida Beauty Bar at (403) 719-7277
HOW LONG WILL MY BROWS LAST?
Microblading is semi permanent, generally anywhere from 1-2 years. I recommend a touch up yearly, to maintain the color and density. I include one free touch up done 8-12 weeks after your initial procedure. Touch ups after this (but prior to 2 years from the initial appointment) are at a discounted rate. I am unable to guarantee the results as we all have unique skin types and lifestyles. For example, those with oily skin/sun worshippers often see their brows fade faster or the strokes may not remain defined. I include the touch up to make sure I am able to add density and ensure that the color and shape are correct. If you don’t heal perfectly after your first appointment don’t worry! Many find the aftercare to be easier the second time around and know what to expect.
WHAT KIND OF PIGMENT DO YOU USE?
I use LI PIGMENT.
WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE SURE MY BROWS LAST?
Avoid using exfoliant products on your brows (AHA’s, retinol, glycolic acid, lactic acid). Sun exposure (tanning or otherwise) will fade the color as well.
DOES THE PROCEDURE HURT?
This varies from person to person. I use two numbing agents before and during the procedure to maximize your comfort level, although I cannot guarantee anything. Some feel little to nothing, others are uncomfortable but find the pain tolerable. Following the pre-appointment instructions (no blood thinners like alcohol or caffeine) increase your chances of total comfort.
DO YOU WORK ON PREVIOUSLY TATTOOED BROWS?
If you have had your brows done previously by another artist please email a photo to email@example.com and include how long it has been since they were done, or call Frida to book a consult.
WHY DO I NEED TO LEAVE A DEPOSIT?
I take a $100 nonrefundable deposit to cover my time if a client no shows. This goes towards your final balance on the day of your first appointment.
WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
Cash, debit, visa and mastercard.
HOW SHOULD I TIP?
Tips are always appreciated, but not mandatory! The industry standard is the same as salons, anywhere from 15%-20%
PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT:
This is a MUST to read before booking in.
Please plan your appointment accordingly!
The initial healing process takes about 2 weeks. If you have a special event or vacation coming up make sure you have at least 2 weeks to heal your brows. Please allow yourself a little extra time after your appointment so we don’t have to rush.
Please be aware of the following do’s and don’ts
• Do not tan outside or in a tanning bed for at least 2 weeks (preferably 1 month) before. Sun exposure/damage can result in increased sensitivity, loss of pigment or unwanted change in colour
• Avoid chemical peels/chemical exfoliant products on your brows for at least one month before. This includes retinol, glycolic acid, lactic acid etc. Check your skincare labels!
• Avoid alcohol and caffeine 24 hours before your appointment. Avoid Ibuprofen, fish oil, vitamin e, niacin and other blood thinners for 72 hours before coming in. Excessive bleeding during the procedure can affect how the color heals and/or push the pigment back out. This is very important.
• If you normally have your brows waxed, threaded, or tinted please do so at least one week prior to your appointment. Your esthetician can pluck any stray hairs and shape your brows for you before the procedure. Please be open to suggestions for your shape, and your esthetician will want your input as well! Feel free to show your esthetician any photos of brows that you like/how you normally fill yours in, but keep your expectations realistic. For example, if you have lots of hair at the front of your brow but little to no tail, the head will probably still be darker after the procedure. That’s why the touch up is included—to build up density.
- You will not be able to work out or sweat excessively for at least the first week of the healing process
- Do not get botox for 3 weeks before or after having your brows done
- I am unable to tattoo anyone that is pregnant or breast feeding
- I am unable to tattoo over raised moles, abrasions, blemishes, eczema, or any irregularities in the brow area
- You must be off accutane for 1 year prior to having a cosmetic tattoo done
- You must be at least 18 years of age and have valid ID
Frida requires a $100 cash or credit deposit. If you choose to leave a cash deposit this is nonrefundable and goes towards your balance on the day of your first appointment. We will book your free touch up at that time. If you need to reschedule please give me 72 hours notice or your deposit will be forfeited. Please be on time to your appointment, if you are more than 20 minutes late your deposit will be forfeited and you will have to reschedule.
After a no show/last minute cancellation, I require you to pay the full amount up front to rebook, in addition to forfeiting the deposit.
No shows/last minute cancellations at a free touch up appointment, your touch up will no longer be free. You’ll be charged a $50 fee, which must be left to rebook.
I completely understand that sometimes situation arise that are out of our control like illness or injury. I take a deposit/have this cancellation policy in place to protect my livelihood. Thank you for your understanding!
By scheduling an appointment you agree that you have read and fully understand the FAQ and deposit information.